Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- The next Triffid Ranch newsletter goes out tomorrow for those who don’t subscribe yet: txtriffidranch.wordpress.com/newsletter/ 8 hours ago
- New Triffid Ranch event in Denton (TX) for Memorial Day weekend: discoverdenton.com/event/punk-pal… 11 hours ago
- RT @sweis: Who wore it better? https://t.co/fgDWAa7rb8 14 hours ago
- RT @sweis: Is it weird to be jealous of the corporate dystopia workspaces from 1990s movies? Neo would be sharing that space with 4 people… 14 hours ago
- RT @ZiziFothSi: Me: no, because they are poison Garbage monkey brain: PUT ONE IN UR MOUTH. NO-ONE WOULD KNOW 14 hours ago
Tag Archives: have a great weekend
The third Manchester United Flower Show is this weekend, and between this and the show last weekend…
A little bit of space music, from someone who is rapidly becoming one of my favorite composers:
Because the best humor is gallows humor…
In tribute to Leiber, the theme song for his life story. He was a sweet cat, but he wasn’t the brightest.
For friends, carnivorous plant enthusiasts and otherwise, from one of the most, erm, dynamic places in the United States:
The Groundhog Day open house at the gallery is this weekend, so for those in Dallas on Saturday, we’ll see you there. For everyone else, especially for those in the American Midwest, here’s hoping that Sid here doesn’t see his shadow, because we don’t need six more weeks of this. (40 years ago, I was in Chicago, still digging out from under the Blizzard on 1979. I sympathize more than you know.
Have a good time this weekend. Stay warm. Don’t let the Morlocks bite.
The last weekend before things start getting really interesting for 2019, and we have a soundtrack for everybody:
And only 75 days until the first day of spring!
16 years of marriage as of today, and it just keeps getting better. Considering that most of the dead pool bets were around “six months,” I sometimes wonder if we should have taken a dive at the end of 2003, divorced, collected the money, and continued to live in sin.
Okay, so nobody gets a Doctor Who Christmas special this year. Good thing that Canada’s analogue was prepared for this eventuality, eh?
Just a friendly reminder that the last of the 2018 Nightmare Weekends Before Christmas open houses starts on Saturday at 6:00 pm, and this will be the last Triffid Ranch open house for the year. (If you can’t make it but still need that gift that everyone will talk about for years, please feel free to set up an appointment.) Until then, music.