The plan was to put out a series of posts and a new newsletter before today, but the time all leaked away. In the interim, a shoutout to old and dear friends who decided to hunker down in New Orleans this weekend: we’re trying to watch out for you, and when you need help, at least one Dallasite will be returning 20 years of kindnesses with a lot of accrued interest.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- So...a question for my astronomer friends. I’m familiar with the concept of gravity lensing, but would it be theore… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- RT @Richard_Kadrey: I'm retweeting friends madly today. There's so much good stuff happening—for a change. 6 hours ago
- RT @sjmelchor: GUYS. Did you know you can pipette nail polish? The next time you have to seal microscope coverslips, you don’t have to mess… 9 hours ago
- RT @lilithsaintcrow: @BBolander This is one thing about publishing that really burns my biscuit. If a writer "forgot" to pay their bills th… 9 hours ago
- RT @WindleBeth: As the summer holidays are coming up here is a PSA to all parents and carers. When you visit somewhere. Remember that it’… 11 hours ago