A lot of anniversaries hit over the last month, mostly falling in the 30- to 20-year range, but one big one goes beyond that. On this date in 1984, I officially graduated from Lewisville High School in scenic Lewisville, Texas. (Not that I actually attended the actual graduation ceremonies: the best way to describe the dynamics was “Anton LaVey getting an invitation to the Pope’s bat mitzvah.”) I bring this up because I’m fully expecting an invitation to another class reunion any day now, and I’m looking forward to a singalong of the school’s fight song so long as everyone else remembers the lyrics:
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @VPestilenZ: Everybody: throw the foam in the trash This person: https://t.co/eFUywUxlCO 8 hours ago
- RT @indfnsofplnts: #Photosynthesis is a really fun and beautiful boardgame! 🌰🌱🌳🌲 https://t.co/p0sr8EzvWm 9 hours ago
- @ShallowPear https://t.co/Ou0nHV81ps 18 hours ago
- @jeffvandermeer Welcome to my world. 21 hours ago
- Out at the @OdditiesExpo in Austin from 11 to 6... https://t.co/gzoGEacpVU 1 day ago