A little over a quarter-century ago, I was neighbors with Cricket Taylor, a singular voice from a city with a lot of musical talent and musical tradition. We were both living in arts spaces in Exposition Park, right across from Fair Park south of downtown, complete with communal kitchen and restroom spaces, and the best thing about getting up early for my day job was listening to her practice new songs in the women’s restroom while I was eating breakfast. I don’t miss a lot of the early Nineties, but hearing her again, I really miss those breakfasts.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @Richard_Kadrey: Follow me, brave warrior. I have an adorable quest for you. https://t.co/ylsEl8qsA0 1 hour ago
- @ginged78 She’s a lot like my Alexandria: https://t.co/cXupk6f6vf 1 hour ago
- RT @KellerCaponePhD: Alkaline water is a high priced hoax that will not change the pH of your blood and tissues. However, I am very curious… 2 hours ago
- @AlongsideWild dallas is overrun with them, to the glee of most of us. The best part? When you have a significant p… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @AlongsideWild: Mediterranean/House Gecko. twitter.com/coachloftiss/s… 2 hours ago