Well, we’re at the end of the time at the Galleries at Midtown space. 18 months ago, we opened with wide eyes and no idea of what the future would bring. By February 28, most of the art galleries will be moved out, the last of the stores on the lower level vacated, and the inevitable demolition started. Valley View Center will be replaced with a new collection of apartments, office buildings, and retail space, but without ARTwalks, without random passersby, and without a lot of strange memories. Valley View deserves a final sendoff, but the move this weekend takes precedence. The new gallery awaits, and with it come new schemes and new stories, all of which wouldn’t have been possible if not for the last year and a half out here. And so it goes.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @AMNH: Say “hello” to the Jerusalem cricket! This insect is native to western N.America & spends most of its time burrowed underground,… 1 hour ago
- RT @thebiologistisn: @FossilLocator @laurahelmuth @knowablemag @Paleophile Have you seen the Unionid mussels that bite fish to inject their… 1 hour ago
- RT @hood_naturalist: This bird has not been hit by a go-cart. In fact, he is living his best life. Spreading wings in the sunshine is a b… 1 hour ago
- Just got enclosures back from @500x at the end of this month’s show: the Cephalotus loved it so much I may have to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @jeffvandermeer: Sneaky and fast turtle down in the butterfly garden near the bird feeder. Taken at long distance so as not to startle.… 1 hour ago