And since we’re going through archives this week, it’s about time to bring out the results of the Manchester United Flower Show presented at the Triffid Ranch gallery last April. Since our spring was a bit off, the Sarracenia blooms in particular were about a month late, but they made up in volume what they lost in tardiness. All in all, this was an extremely successful show, judging by the response of first-time ARTwalk visitors, and it’s definitely happening in 2017 no matter where the new space may be located.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- Science with cats. twitter.com/sarahmackattac… 3 hours ago
- RT @DrAndrewThaler: Every so often I remember that I live by the edge of a 52-mile wide crater that was created when a bolide crashed into… 8 hours ago
- @PrairiePhlox https://t.co/DrDxjv8NJk 1 day ago
- RT @AMNH: In today’s reimagined #MegafaunaMonday scene, a short-faced bear & sabertooth cat argue over a bison kill. The short-faced bear (… 1 day ago
- RT @siberian_times: Eerie black snow falls over Siberian region triggering acute pollution concerns from locals. Ghostly pictures of dark s… 1 day ago