Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @chrislintott: Astroimagers! If you were imaging the lunar eclipse in close up your help is needed to track down an impact that occurred… 25 minutes ago
- RT @DaniRabaiotti: I see Phobos is also persuing a PhD. You got this m8 #PhDChat twitter.com/CNET/status/66… 58 minutes ago
- Going down a deep rabbit hole on garden decoration design, leading to lots of carved weeping angel gravestones. I w… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @jccwrt: New estimate of the #EclipseImpact site using an image provided by @chrfrde. 29.47S, 67.77W +/- 4km. https://t.co/5HV6vecm4V 2 hours ago
- RT @indfnsofplnts: What could be more ominous than a fanged pitcher plant? Nepenthes bicalcarata certainly sports some of the most interest… 2 hours ago
Monthly Archives: January 2015Image Image Image
More soundtrack for the second half of the Twenty-Teens:
Sometimes you have to look to the past for a view of the future, and in this case, we go back an exact quarter-century. If I’d had any idea as to how odd the next 25 years were going to be, I would have had a bigger party on New Year’s Eve 1989.
Some believe that one of the purposes behind New Year’s Eve festivities is to drive off evil spirits that might infest and infect the new year. For others, the whole purpose is not just to send off the previous year, but to set the tone for the next. Considering that I want to do things to Old Man 2014, considering the horrors that this year dumped on us, that would make Dick Cheney vomit into his lap, let’s set the tone for 2015 right now, shall we?