Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- Science with cats. twitter.com/sarahmackattac… 10 hours ago
- RT @DrAndrewThaler: Every so often I remember that I live by the edge of a 52-mile wide crater that was created when a bolide crashed into… 15 hours ago
- @PrairiePhlox https://t.co/DrDxjv8NJk 1 day ago
- RT @AMNH: In today’s reimagined #MegafaunaMonday scene, a short-faced bear & sabertooth cat argue over a bison kill. The short-faced bear (… 1 day ago
- RT @siberian_times: Eerie black snow falls over Siberian region triggering acute pollution concerns from locals. Ghostly pictures of dark s… 1 day ago
Monthly Archives: December 2014Image
As of this evening, the Czarina and I celebrate a full 12 years of marriage: a full quarter of my life. Naturally, that’s absolutely no way that I could possibly make her shake her head in dismay and horror, and so in tribute to the great Dave Brockie, I believe this should be played at our fiftieth wedding anniversary:
And here’s an anniversary I never thought I’d see. With the exception of 18 months in Portland, 9 months in northeast Wisconsin, and three months in Tallahassee, today marks 35 years of life in Texas. Naturally, there’s a song that fits my feelings on this subject right now: