Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @David_Bressan: May we all contemplate the fact that there is a lost geological hammer on the Moon ⚒🌝 - Jack Schmitt's one, Apollo 17, 1… 15 hours ago
- @MontereyAq I looked a LOT like that back in high school. 1 day ago
- RT @MBARI_News: The #DeepSea Fish with the Telescopic Tubular Eyes ow.ly/OyWS30mWIGF @deepseanews @DrCraigMc with video from #MBARI #… 1 day ago
- RT @CitrusThreat: Gardening experts can answer your #citrus #gardening questions from planting, to pruning, harvesting and more. Contact a… 1 day ago
- Just Planting Seeds txtriffidranch.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/jus… https://t.co/lHxIbSOlTX 1 day ago
Daily Archives: February 22, 2013
Well, we survived ConDFW and thrived, and now it’s time to let everyone know about the next big Triffid Ranch show, All-Con 2013, two weeks from today. In addition, because of specific interest in a demonstration, I’ll also add to the planned “How To Murder Your Venus Flytrap” lecture on Saturday evening with a display of carnivorous plant fluorescence under UV light. Where else are you going to see a presentation like this?
Meanwhile, two weeks before All-Con means that the next two weekends are the usual pre-show bad craziness, but that doesn’t preclude the annual February trip to the North American Reptile Breeders Conference in Arlington this weekend. If you’re going to be in the vicinity, just look for the albino in the motorcycle jacket and the International Carnivorous Plant Society T-shirt. If you’re not able to get out this time, make plans for the August NARBC show, because that, if everything goes well, may be the big Triffid Ranch event of the year.