I’ve reached a point in some of my researches that I’ve realized the only way I’ll read a book covering my questions that I’ll have to write it myself. (Not that this is going to happen any time soon. I still have to get the unyielding horror of my old writing days behind me.) Barring that, it’s time to talk to the real experts. I had no idea that the Upchurch Paleobotany Lab at Texas State University existed until today, but it gives me the first really good excuse to visit San Marcos, Texas since the Wimberley Hillacious bike races ended in the Nineties. When the heat lets up, say during the horrors of Texas-OU Weekend, I may need to head down there and pick a few brains about prehistoric garden design.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @SteveBrusatte: I'm *really* looking forward to this upcoming film on Mary Anning, one of the great heroes of paleontology! Maybe there… 8 minutes ago
- RT @beatricebiology: There's a video going viral on FB telling people if they microwave graphite and rocks they'll get diamonds and geodes.… 9 minutes ago
- RT @Astropartigirl: Science communication is all about bringing people together over the excitement of science. We don't want to alienate p… 14 hours ago
- RT @Astropartigirl: Scicommers: we shouldn't be using the term "layperson", which can sound somewhat demeaning. Instead, try "accessible",… 14 hours ago
- Thread, because I want to nail it to rhe foreheads of the spandex trustafarians on my own route. twitter.com/emsque/status/… 22 hours ago