Longtime readers of my Gothic Beauty gardening columns might already know of my fascination of and respect for the strategies and tactics of exoparasitic wasps. The common analogy comparing the life cycle of the typical hunting wasp to the title creature in Alien, while accurate, is also very simplistic. Using the ladybug exoparasite Dinocampus coccinellae as an example, pray that hunting wasps never see chordates as possible hosts.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- The next Triffid Ranch newsletter goes out tomorrow for those who don’t subscribe yet: txtriffidranch.wordpress.com/newsletter/ 8 hours ago
- New Triffid Ranch event in Denton (TX) for Memorial Day weekend: discoverdenton.com/event/punk-pal… 11 hours ago
- RT @sweis: Who wore it better? https://t.co/fgDWAa7rb8 14 hours ago
- RT @sweis: Is it weird to be jealous of the corporate dystopia workspaces from 1990s movies? Neo would be sharing that space with 4 people… 14 hours ago
- RT @ZiziFothSi: Me: no, because they are poison Garbage monkey brain: PUT ONE IN UR MOUTH. NO-ONE WOULD KNOW 14 hours ago