For the first time in a while, this weekend isn’t filled with shows and events, but appearances are deceiving. This is the weekend necessary to finish up a whole slew of projects in anticipation for the June Triffid Ranch open house on June 29, and the Hot & Sweaty show at the 500x Gallery (complete with two enclosures to fill the need for gonzo science art) ends Sunday. If you see me on the street and want to know my ears are packed with plastic dust, now you have an explanation.
Who, Where, and Why
Who: The Texas Triffid Ranch is a gallery specializing in custom enclosures for carnivorous, prehistoric, and otherwise exotic plants.
Where: As the name implies, the Triffid Ranch is based in the Dallas, Texas area.
Why: Because stunning and unique plants need a appropriately interesting environment in which to show off their best features.
How: Check the Contact page for more details.
- Absolute Surefire Steps to Kill Your Venus Flytrap
- Cat Monday
- Dumb Ideas
- Hard Science
- Have A Great Weekend
- I'm living in my own private Tanelorn
- Personal Interlude
- Social Media
- Swimming in Strange Waters
- Tales From The Ranch
- Things to Do in Dallas When You're Dead
- Thursday is Resource Day
- Travels Abroad
- RT @AlixEHarrow: a red-headed girl wearing a baseball uniform and cowboy boots just stomped past our house looking pissed. is anyone missin… 1 hour ago
- Getting ready for Monday festivities by introducing co-workers to Canada’s answer to “Doctor Who.” https://t.co/7CDQ7cKIbg 1 hour ago
- @TananariveDue I attended the big Dallas preview of George Romero’s “Land of the Dead” next to a couple who brought… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- RT @TananariveDue: I once went to a late-night screening of The Exorcist & and some terrible excuse for a parent brought a toddler who scr… 1 hour ago
- RT @Blackmudpuppy: It’s been a few months, so time to post GIFs of suriname toads giving birth again https://t.co/m5zES2fCdW 1 hour ago